Last weekend I went to one of the best workshops I have attended in a long time – Spinning Babies. For those of you who have never heard of Spinning Babies before, it is a system of movements that are used during pregnancy to promote optimal fetal positioning, and during labour to make giving birth easier.
This workshop was wonderful for a number of reasons:
- Some of the information shared really clicked – you know how sometimes things just make sense all of a sudden?
- There was a lot of great practical advice on how to assist pregnant and birthing moms that I will use moving forward with doula clients.
- Some of these positions are things that I already teach in prenatal yoga! I always really love learning about the cross-overs between the disciplines I work in.
- There were all different types of birth professions who came together to share experiences and advice. It was so nice to see so many midwives, doulas, physiotherapists, childbirth educators and RMTs all in one place, and all dedicated to helping women.
- The format of the workshop was really fun. We had so many opportunities to get up and practice everything that we had been learning, and to feel in our own bodies why these techniques were important and useful
I came away from this workshop feeling so inspired and ready to share what I learned. If you or someone you know is pregnant and want to learn more, I would love to share with you the techniques to use during pregnancy. They are simple, safe, easy to remember, and very effective. In less than 20 minutes a day you can set the stage for an easier birth experience.
If you have questions, or are interested in learning more, please do not hesitate to get in touch. To learn more about Spinning Babies, visit https://spinningbabies.com.