The word “yoga” means so many different things to so many different people. You could walk into a class with the same name, taught by 4 different teachers and have 4 completely different experiences. What I believe all yoga has in common is that it is transformative. The practice can truly change the way that you view the world, and can improve the connection between your mind and body.
What you can expect during a class with me:
- We will move in a way that is mindful – this means paying attention to how the body moves, how different parts of the body feel during a particular movement, and how your breath reacts to different activity
- I will offer a variety of options for most poses, so that you can choose the one that feels best in your body
- I welcome questions about the poses and movements. If you are unsure about how something feels, please just let me know.
- I will offer verbal cues to guide you through various movements and different poses. I will let you know if a shape you are in does not seem biomechanically safe, and suggest ways to adjust. I believe that hands on assisting takes away from the communication between your brain and body, so I do not cue with my hands.
- I love reading, and I love research, so I keep up-to-date with the latest evidence-based information about safe movement, breathing techniques and more.
For more information about the different classes and styles I offer, please visit one of the following pages: