Whenever I bring leftovers from this meal to work, I always get questions about how I made it, and comments about how great it smells. I don’t usually share recipes on here, but thought I’d make an exception since I love this one so much, and it’s so easy to make.
What you’ll need:
1/2 cup uncooked lentils
1/2 cup rice (I use basmati)
2 cups vegetable stock (you can also use water with a bouillon cube)
1 can black beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 packet Old El Paso Burrito spice
Sautéed peppers and onions
Spicy red pepper flakes
- Rinse lentils and black beans and add to the pot with rice, vegetable stock, and spice mix
- Bring the pot to a boil and then turn down to simmer, with lid on until all liquid is absorbed
- Drain the diced tomatoes and add into the pot – if you like to add additional spices, this is where I usually do
- Continue to simmer with the lid off to allow the flavours to combine while preparing other toppings
- Add your base and any additional toppings into a bowl, and enjoy!